- BRM may process a variety of information provided by and collected from Users. Such information includes a log of all IP addresses accessing the Website, information regarding User activity on the Website, personal and other information provided in the registration process, information contained in Company Profiles and Investment Proposals, information regarding investments made by Investors and accepted by Entrepreneurs, messages exchanged between Users and BRM, information collected from third parties and other websites and any other information BRM obtains through operating the Website (“User Information”).
- BRM also collects User Information from third parties plugins/websites that is provided by visitors who submit that User Information through the Website.
Use of collected information
- BRM uses User Information that User provided BRM to perform the Services for which the data was collected.
- BRM may also process User Information in order to customize the content and advertising on the Website, conduct analysis and research on an anonymous basis, improve products and services and provide anonymous statistics.
Third party websites
Communication to third parties
- BRM may in some limited instances communicate User Information to BRM’s partners, affiliates, third party service providers and third parties to whom BRM outsources the performance of some Services (such as storage of User Content and analyzing usage and performance of the Services for statistical purposes).
- BRM reserves the right to disclose User Information in the event of a warrant, court order or legal action requiring BRM to disclose such information or if BRM considers disclosure necessary in order to comply with the law or to protect its rights and other interests, such as to prevent fraud or imminent harm and ensuring the security of BRM’s network.
Review and Access
Governing law and jurisdiction
Type of cookies used
- Luxembourg Growth Forum (BRM) uses several types of cookies. Some are essential, while others Users can opt out of or block. Opting out or blocking some cookies may affect the functionality of the Services.
- The below explanations shall help Users to make informed choices about the information Users provide to BRM when Users access and use the Services, in particular when Users visit the Website.
- There are broadly four reasons why a cookie might be stored on Users’ electronic device when accessing and using the Services:
- cookies that make the Services work properly for Users;
- cookies that collect data about Users’ use of the Services which is then used on an anonymous basis to help BRM improve the Services;
- cookies that remember the personal preferences and make the Services easier for Users to use;
- cookies that are placed by third party services which allow a full access and use of the Services online. BRM has no control over these third party cookies.
- These cookies are placed on User’s electronic device either by BRM or by the third parties whose services Users use as part of the Services.
- Some cookies are retained in the Users’ electronic device for only as long as Users access and use the Services, while others persist for a longer specified or unspecified period.
How to block cookies
Strictly necessary cookies
Third party cookies
- The Services use third party services or software. Many of these services may set cookies on Users’ electronic devices.
- Users can block or remove cookies themselves by altering the settings of their electronic devices or browsers. Blocking these cookies is unlikely to impact on User’s experience of the Services.